Any time is the right time to have a cup, actually. 😊
“It brings people together to celebrate or to heal a broken heart,” says Nilushika “Nilu” Silva Jayaweeera, the founder and CEO of NiluTea.
“It’s a drink that heals the body, mind and soul.”
We’d have to agree – especially when it happens to coincide with a milestone or an accomplishment. Enjoying tea seems much sweeter then. In fact, there’s one experience that Nilu considers extra special and she feels deserves a toast.
“I’d say it’s the first day I saw my NiluTea logo actually completed,” she recalls. “It speaks about the people and the women who work in the plantation.”
That’s right – purchasing a NiluTea item means that you get to delight in one of their refreshing teas and help the dedicated team behind the brand.
NiluTea is a Sri Lanka-based company that offers quality, ethical and sustainably sourced pure Ceylon teas and tea products. Ten percent of their profits go to Emerging Hope Lanka, a non-profit that supports Sri Lankan women and provides them with the resources to establish their own businesses.
As a business coach and motivational speaker, Nilu’s teas help to loosen her up and keep her centred as well. Here are her personal favourite ways and times to drink tea.
• Earl Grey tea “is best in the morning”.
• Green tea “is a healthy drink for morning or afternoon”.
• Cinnamon tea “in the afternoon is great for giving energy”.
• Chamomile tea “is good for relaxing and best in the evening”.
• Lemon and ginger tea “is great for any time of the day, just not in the evening”.
• Mint tea “is great after a meal to give you soothing relaxation”.
Treat yourself to some tea accordingly then. 😊