That is, you have the budget for it. :)
The year is almost over, and there are times when I feel like squeezing everything I haven’t yet done and accomplished into these last remaining months. That includes a holiday. :(
If time and money are not an issue, or if you have saved enough and just want to pamper yourself, there are luxury resorts and hotels in the region that have only recently opened (or are about to open). Hopefully they’ll give you a few ideas for planning your next trip. :)
If you haven’t visited these destinations before, maybe now’s a good time to? I added in the features that interest me. Maybe they’ll convince you to go ahead and book that vacation. Yes? Then have fun. :)
Radisson Blu Resort Phu Quoc, Vietnam
• You have a nice, pristine beach out front.
• There are 514 rooms, suites and villas to choose from (it’s pretty big).
• Enjoy relaxing views of the gardens, pool, ocean, water park and mountains.
• Yes, there’s a water park with rides and slides. But you should probably take a dip in the lagoon-style infinity pool first. :)
• It’s inside an integrated resort called the Corona complex, so there’s a shopping mall, restaurants, a theatre and a theme park. (This means there’s less chance of you saying you don’t have anything to do. Uhm, you are there to take a break, right? But I guess it wouldn’t hurt to have them.) :) https://www.radissonblu.com/en/resort-phuquoc
The Shanghai EDITION, Shanghai
• They took over the old Shanghai Power Company building on Nanjing Road. You’ll appreciate the 1920s old-world and Art Deco vibe. I would. :)
• Connected to it is a new, modern tower for the 145 rooms and suites.
• The hotel has restaurants run by a Michelin-starred chef, cool bars, lounges, rooftops and a spa. (It's almost like they don't want you to go elsewhere...)
• The Roof Garden sounds appealing, with its layered greenery, bar, games area and movie theatre. So does the sunken stone pool.
• You get different amazing views of the city depending on where you are at the hotel. Take a moment (or two) to appreciate them. :) www.editionhotels.com
Six Senses Krabey Island, Cambodia
• This one’s opening in December 2018, but you can already make a reservation.
• It’s on a 30-acre private tropical island, so it’s like having the place pretty much all to yourselves.
• A private pool villa (there are 40) has an infinity plunge pool and rain showers.
• Confession: I’m not into yoga or spas or meditating all that much, so I gravitate more towards facilities like the open-air cinema and sky observatory. But if you like spas and all that, then you’d be happy to know that the resort has dedicated spaces for them too.
• Of course, nice walks are essential (you're in an island paradise after all), so an oceanfront boardwalk sounds lovely.
• You can check out the various water activities, an organic farm with cooking classes… and an ice cream parlour. Always a plus. :) https://www.sixsenses.com/resorts/krabey-island/destination
So which one would it be? :)